CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

you got your ferric orthophosphate in my mypyridoxine hydrochloride.

Yea..that's what I said..I love ovaltine,but this morning I was reading the label and got the idea for this post. I know it has vitamins and minerals in it but really it doesn't grown on a tree,come from the ground or have a mother.I cut out processed foods except for the occasional mac n cheese or ramen noodle soup.I have a lot of cancer and weight issues in my family and a long time ago I got into reading about all the chemicals they put in our food and how some chemicals have been banned from food in other parts of the world,and I wonder why we still have these in ours.I love to cook and with that I learned to cook from scratch.I used to just think it was fun and I liked making people happy with my food,I still do but now it's more than that.I have a baby and I want to be around for a long time.That means no more junk,which I haven't bought in a long time.There is no reason to buy spaghetti sauce,make it yourself.There won't be any preservatives in it or weird ingredients,,just tomatoes,olive oil and seasonings.This is just me I like to know what goes in my food and my babies food.Bread has preservatives and sometimes bleach! Yep that's how they get that white bread white and regular pasta is also bleached.So making your own pasta is flour,salt,egg,and water..no toilet cleaners here.I learned to make my own bread which makes me feel accomplished and proud and confident knowing were not eating poison.
Even when I was working and coming home at 6 o'clock at night I still managed to get a made from scratch meal in.People would say I'm crazy and there is no way I should put myself through that stress.Stress? What are they talking about..I like to do this,this makes me happy and I know how to do it so it isn't stressful.I have a friend who can't and will not make homemade mashed potatoes,instead she makes them from a box...full of crap and salt and waste of money.They came over for dinner one night and I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes and what ever side.Her husband actually said to me "you make homemade mashed potatoes"..uh yea I said how else would you,and that's when I learned about the fake freezed dried add water potatoes he eats...sad.Any way I think I am rambling..

All I'm saying is that we have control over what we eat.I don't want to pay more for convenience and added thiamine hydrochloride.I want to save money and give my family a safe healthy meal and teach my son that vegetables come from the earth not in cans and meat is from animals, not just sitting neatly on a shelf.I want him to work in the garden and eat from it and appreciate good food and start him on a healthy path for life.I want to feel a sense of pride in myself that I don't need to rely on others and that I can make things myself.Like some lady on tv said this morning "if it wasn't in a jar on my grandmothers counter I don't want it on mine.

0 comments: