CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Proud of me.

I haven't been writing much on the account we have been so busy and I had to have a root canal done (not fun).I was just sitting here a thinking about what to write,pretty much lost as to where to start.So as I sit here smelling the roasted chicken I just took out of the oven that's cooling down so I can pick it apart for future meals and then plop it in to a pot so I can make stock from it.It's the best way to use up all of what that bird has to offer you,and it's way better than any canned or boxed stock any day.I start to think how happy I'm here and who I'm becoming.I have finally figured out how to make a good loaf of bread and now I make 2 every monday.I no longer buy store bread, not even hamburger or hot dog buns because I can make them myself.I never knew how to hand sew properly so this weekend I learned how to do a blind stitch and fixed a couple holes that were in our fitted bed sheet that the washer must have done to it somehow.The old me would have said,oh well need to buy a new one,but not this new me I fixed it and I'm proud of myself.Mom bought me a sewing machine 2 years ago and I never used it because I didn't know how to thread it.So I took it in to moms and she showed me how to thread it and some basic how to's.My sewing isn't that great but I am learning.I can make pillows which is a good start and I made two last weekend.I had some fabric I picked up about 3 years ago so I'm happy I finally was able to use it.I have ben working on a yoyo quilt for about..I'm embarrassed to say,maybe 4-5 years.I was so pumped when I started but after having to make all those little yoyo's I tend to lose interest.
(Pretty sad huh)I'll get around to it one day.But as I was saying I'm really proud of myself,learning ways to better feed my family and learning new skills that we should all know anyway but modern day has made it too easy to rely on someone else and that really takes money from our pockets.I'm proud that I am taking my life back.We planted a garden and that's great now we are going to have our own little store..hehe.I can't wait to go pick my own juicy tomato!!! From homemade cleaners to one day homemade soap,canning and preserving,cooking from scratch,making bread and pastry's,washing cloth diapers and feeding my baby whole foods yummy veggies, fruits, pasta and grains! Hanging out the wash and watching the bed sheets blow in the breeze knowing how good it's going to feel when we finally get to lay down on them at night.Learning skills like using the weed wacker and knowing what to do if the mower stops working.Learning how to garden and how to plant things and how to maintain and keep them safe and growing well.Being a mom and learning how to be a better one every day.That's what Iam most proud of...the way I am raising my little boy I think I'm doing a fantastic job it's hard and trying sometimes but I love it! I'm so proud of me and who I have become and where I am headed it can only get better from here.

0 comments: